HVAC maintenance is an important task for any homeowner. HVAC stands for heating, ventilation, and air conditioning. It’s a term that encompasses both an air conditioner and a furnace, which are essential in any home. In fact, the HVAC system is one of the largest investments you’ll make in your home. So you need to keep it working for maximum efficiency. Regularly servicing your HVAC system will ensure that your air conditioner, furnace, and water heater are in good shape. It will also ensure that they continue to work when you need them most. Here are some ways to assure that your HVAC system is well-maintained so you can stay comfortable year-round.
List of Contents
Why You Should Service Your HVAC System Regularly
Below are some reasons why you should service your HVAC system regularly.
- Regular servicing helps identify any potential problems before they arise. You can address them before they become more severe and costly than they would be otherwise. Replacing your HVAC system is expensive, so regular maintenance is essential to protecting the investment you’ve made.
- Preventative maintenance will also help reduce your energy costs. A well-maintained heating and cooling system offers better efficiency and uses less energy than a poorly maintained one.
- The best way to enjoy a comfortable indoor living space is with an HVAC system that operates efficiently. The HVAC system provides the optimum temperature for your home. And well-maintained systems are less likely to break down during peak hours so you and your family stay comfortable.
- If your HVAC system is frequently serviced, it will last longer. With proper maintenance, the lifespan of your heating and cooling systems can be increased by up to four times. It’s important to have professionals help you maintain these systems because they have knowledge that you might not have. Professionals may also be able to find problems before they become more serious and costly.
- Service your HVAC system on a regular basis to ensure that you have the best air quality in your home. A dirty HVAC system can create bacteria, allergens, and other contaminants in your indoor air. By servicing your HVAC system on a regular basis, you can help prevent this from happening. And if you’ve never had your HVAC system serviced before, it could be time to make an appointment!
- We shouldn’t forget that HVAC systems have an impact on the environment. A serviced system uses less energy, which means you are using less waste and not impacting the environment as severely.
When and How Often to Schedule a Service Appointment
Depending on your HVAC system, service appointments should be scheduled every 12-18 months. But this time frame can change depending on the type of system you have.
For example, if you have a heat pump, it may need service every 6-12 months. If you have a gas furnace or condensing unit, it may need service every 18-24 months. A fuel oil furnace may need service once a year.
You should also check for signs that the system needs additional maintenance. These signs could include:
* Persistent noise coming from your HVAC system
* Frequent frosty windows in cold weather
* Unexpected fluctuations in temperature throughout your home
* A damp carpet or musty smell
If these issues persist after cleaning the filters and checking for clogs, book an appointment with a professional ASAP.
Other Important Factors in HVAC System Maintenance
The cost for HVAC repair and maintenance varies depending on the conditions and age of your system. Maintenance will also depend on the number of people living in your home. How often you use your heating and cooling equipment is also a factor
Older HVAC systems require more maintenance than newer ones because they use more energy. Older systems may also need to be replaced if they start making strange noises, shaking, or leaking.
Tips for HVAC Maintenance
- Have a professional come out at least twice per year for an inspection of your air conditioner, furnace, and water heater.
- Schedule an annual tune-up if you notice any problems with your air conditioner or a furnace.
- If you live in an area that experiences heavy snowfall, have a professional come out once per year to clear the snow from the unit. This is so it doesn’t overwork itself trying to compensate for lost heat from outside sources like sunlight or wind.
NEED AN HONEST HVAC PROFESSIONAL?
We hope this list of tips to maintain your HVAC system has been helpful. When you think about it, it’s a lot of responsibility to take care of a HVAC system on a regular basis. That’s why we have HVAC services on standby to help you with any repairs or maintenance needs. We know you have enough to worry about, so let us handle your HVAC service needs.
Do you need a professional HVAC companies near me to help with your HVAC system and perform honest, routine maintenance? You can always find help by searching for “HVAC companies near me,” but know that we are right here in Palo Alto and ready to help! HVAC maintenance is essential for many reasons. You could be breathing cleaner air, saving money, and enjoying greater peace of mind with a reputable company like Palo Alto Plumbing.
SCHEDULE AN APPOINTMENT WITH US TODAY
If you’re from Palo Alto and other nearby areas, choose Palo Alto Plumbing, Heating and Air for HVAC companies near me. We offer a variety of routine and essential services that include 24-hour emergency HVAC calls. For fast, reliable, and honest HVAC repair and maintenance, call us at 650-405-1460 or contact us here. We look forward to hearing from you.